Things that affect my life...

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Life in the crowded Guangzhou

Life in Guangzhou is tough. Sometimes the only thing I can do is get used to it.

Long lines in the bank
Strangely enough, I work for a bank, but I don't like bank at all.

My friend Ouyang warned me "Never, ever go to any bank in Tianhe district".

True story. Last time I went ICBC near my office building during lunch break, and got a service ticket. It stated that there are 160 people waiting before me! One hour later, when I came back, there are still 50 people before me. So I got back to work first, one hour later, when I came back to the bank again, my number just passed, I have to get back to the bank some other time.

Try online bank? Oh please, the ICBC online service has soooo many security problems! Do u want to take our own money on the line?

Well, the ICBC is good, their IPO is unbelievable, so what? I just want to deposit money! Could the bank improve the basic service quality? ICBC sucks, HSBC sucks less.


Wait for a meal
Believe it or not, even have a meal in Guangzhou need to wait for so long. Just like in a bank, u have to wait for the seat unless u made a reservation.


Hard to buy a house in Guangzhou
Nowadays, the average income of Guangzhou people is around 2K -3K RMB/month, while the average house price in downtown Guangzhou is about 8K RMB/sq.meter . The price is still rising.
Usually people spend more than 60% of their monthly salary to pay back the housing loan, that's so-called "Housing slave". Can I buy a house? I can't even buy my lunch! Maybe I will build one :)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home